All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Men of Fox Company: History and Recollections of Company F, 291st Infantry Regiment, Seventy-Fifth Infantry Division describes the actions of an infantry rifle company fighting in Europe during World War II. Sometimes the Seventy-Fifth Division was called the Diaper Division because the mean age of the men was just twenty-two years versus the widely ackwledged average age of twenty-six years for most other divisions. Fox Company was part of Second Battalion, 291st Infantry Regiment of the Seventy-Fifth ID, which were formally activated at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, on April 15, 1943. The division was thrown into combat soon after arriving in Europe in December of 1944. Over the next ninety-four days, they fought three campaigns in Europe. Fox Company first went into combat during the Battle of the Bulge and then moved to southern France to fight in the Colmar Pocket. Next, they went to Holland, where they defended along the Maas River and later in Germany along the Rhine River. Finally, Fox Company fought in the battle for the Ruhr. The Men of Fox Company includes the recollections of several men providing a view of the war t often seen-directly from the soldiers, sergeants, and officers who survived the experience to tell their personal stories.
- Author(s)Edgar Ted Cox,Scott Adams
- Date of Publication20/07/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.