All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung people in the care system have a much higher rate of mental health problems than those in the general population. Failure to ackwledge and treat these problems may cause difficulties for these children ranging from placement breakdowns to more serious mental health problems in later life. This book will be of interest to anyone who has contact with young people but in particular social workers and foster carers. Developed with a number of professionals, the book aims to help those caring for and working with these vulnerable young people to: * Identify and understand the mental health problems and social issues that may exist for these children. * Emphasise the importance of recognising mental health problems and therefore the importance of prevention. * Improves understanding of current developments in child and adolescent mental health services, specifically joint working between health and social services. Issues covered include: depression, sexual abuse, learning disabilities, conduct disorders, teeenage pregnancies, parental mental illness, school exclusion and leaving care. Features: * These various mental health problems and social care issues are brought to life through a number of vignettes. * Questions regarding the issues are answered by experts. * Children's views on the problems they face when in care are conveyed in poems. * Key references are provided on issues. * Government's objectives and targets are set out from Quality Protects and National Priorities Guidance. * Information is provided on the Mental Health Specific Grant Projects for the various issues as well as other regional initiatives. * Examples are given of invative practice in joint work between health and social services. * Useful contact details for organisations and agencies are provided.
- Author(s)Carol Joughin,Joanna Richardson
- PublisherThe Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight562 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.