All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionAs a newly appointed middle school principal in a small town, Hannah Gardner wonders if there is a manual for leading an organization using head, heart, and spirit. Her life changes when Dr. Maddy Mathews, a recently retired superintendent from a neighboring district, is hired as interim superintendent. Once on board, Maddy sees that a great divide exists among the board members. An unscrupulous middle school coach-the town's former football hero-has been promised Hannah's position once he completes the certification requirements. Maddy, however, sees Hannah's outstanding character and high ideals, combined with compassion for her students and staff, and decides to mentor her. Their weekly conversations ignite conceptual thinking and greater awareness as Hannah learns to trust her inner voice. Maddy t only mentors Hannah, but also works with all the administrators to foster change in a place where power has been misused. By introducing three leadership models, as well as the three Cs, the administrators explore new paradigms to balance work and play, embracing the next generation of student mastery. Throughout the school year, the relationship between Hannah and her mentor reveals the challenges and opportunities of leading a school district with love, while addressing political, social, and personal issues that require courage, integrity, and candor.
- Author(s)Jan Hammond,Rita Senor
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.