The Mentoring Year: A Step-by-Step Program for Professional Development by Kathleen A. Larson, Susan K. Udelhofen (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mentoring Year is rich with experience and new ideas. I endorse it without reservation' - Heidi Hayes Jacobs, Curriculum Designs, Inc., Adjunct Associate Professor, Teachers College, Columbia University 'This book contains explicit, step-by-step guidelines to build a programme in the real world of schools. The authors demonstrate great empathy for teachers and administrators who confront the challenges facing public schools. They respect the demands placed upon contemporary educators' - Rick DuFour, Co-author of Professional Learning Communities at Work 'The 'No Child Left Behind' legislation requires strong teacher indoctrination. The Mentoring Year provides a comprehensive mentor programme that gets down into the deep tissue areas. It lays out a grid to link standards to the workplace' - Marie Archibee, Supervisor, Professional Development, Department of Curriculum Instruction and Techlogy, Nassau BOCES, New York This resource will enrich teachers, mentors, and mentees, programme coordinators and administrators. Deep and adaptable, this guide can be used as a ready-to-go, turnkey mentoring program me or can be tailored made. To building or district or individual priorities it promotes key characteristics of good mentors; supports the needs of new teachers; generates reflection and collaboration. Along with strategies for these mentoring essentials, this programme adds critical focus on student learning. Resources and special features: } Activities, rubrics, tools and templates abound } Encourages a learning community team building approach } Includes complete plans and materials for mentor/mentee seminars } Designed for flexible use either sequentially or around local priorities } Depth and adaptability for use as pre-service text, new teacher mentoring and extended professional development. } Tied to student learning } Mentee/Mentor Checklists } Administrator Checklists.
- Author BiographySusan Udelhofen is a national staff development leader providing consulting services to school districts, education agencies, universities, and colleges. Her work concentrates primarily on issues and practices related to curriculum mapping, teacher mentoring, assessment, standards, and program evaluation. Her experience includes work at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction as a Goals 2000 consultant, and gifted and talented consultant. She has taught courses in teacher mentoring, assessment, reading methods, children's literature, gifted and talented education, and also served as supervisor/instructor of preservice teachers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is an experienced classroom teacher and holds current licensure. She is the author of Keys to Curriculum Mapping (Corwin Press) and co-author of The Mentoring Year: A Step-by-Step Guide to Professional Development (Corwin Press) and The Teacher Journal: Reflections About Teaching and Learning (self-published). Her presentation experience includes appearances at the National Staff Development conference, Curriculum Mapping Institutes, New Teacher Center Symposium, American Educational Research Association, National Reading Association, National School Conference Institute, and Wisconsin Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. Udelhofen earned a doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction and an MS in Educational Psychology, both from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Kathy Larsen spent 18 years teaching middle school students and the last 10 years working exclusively in the field of professional development, concentrating efforts on community building and continuous growth cycles for individuals, teams, and systems. Currently she is a consultant for the Cooperative Education Service Agency #2 in Wisconsin, an adjunct faculty member at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and an associate member of Consensus Associates, Terrebonne, CO. She has presented at national and state conferences on mentoring, has published several articles in education journals, and serves on the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction task force to reform education licensing.
- Author(s)Kathleen A. Larson,Susan K. Udelhofen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight612 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.