The Merging of Disciplines: New Directions in Pure, Applied, and Computational Mathematics: Proceedings of a Symposium Held in Honor of Gail S. Young at the University of Wyoming, August 8-10, 1985: With Sponsored by the Sloan Foundation, the National Science Foundation, and Air Force Office of Scientific Research by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2011)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the Proceedings of the symposium held at the University of Wyoming in August, 1985, to hor Gail Young on his seventieth birthday (which actually took place on October 3, 1985) and on the occasion of his retirement. Nothing can seem more natural to a mathematician in this country than to hor Gail Young. Gail embodies all the qualities that a mathematician should possess. He is an active and effective research mathematician, having written over sixty pa- pers in topology, n-dimensional analysis, complex variables, and miscellanea. He is an outstanding expositor, as his fine book Topology, written with J. G. Hocking (Addison Wesley, 1961), amply demonstrates. He has a superlative record in public office of outstanding, unstinting service to the mathematical community and to the cause of education. But what makes Gail unique and special is that throughout all aspects of his distinguished career, he has emphasized human values in everything he has done. In touching the lives of so many of us, he has advanced the entire profession. Deservedly, he has innumerable friends in the mathematical community, the academic community, and beyond.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight367 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byClyde F. Martin,Kenneth I. Gross,Richard E. Ewing
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.