All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHOW DO I USE THIS BOOK? This book is organized to answer specific questions about the metabolic and nutritional problems of critically ill patients. Thc questions are listed under five chapter headings in the Contents. Each question is self-contained with its own charts, tables, and references, although, in some instances, you may be referred to ather section of the book for additional information. A detailed subject outline appears on the first page of each chapter, and there is an index for cross-reference to specific subjects. A metabolic support plan and accompanying metabolic and nutritional worksheet are locatcd in the Appendix. This plan pro- vides the best estimates available for predicting the metabolic requirements of patients, and outlines approaches to feeding the hospitalized patient which will satisfy these nutritional needs. Clin- ical cases are presented in this section to help you get started using the support plan. This volume is a handbook organized for frequent use - place the appropriate tables and mograms on the bulletin board of the intensive care unit or in your office for convenient reference. Use the metabolic and nutritional support plan and establish the habit of assessing the metabolic requirements of your patients. Refer to the references cited to explore in further detail specific questions or areas of interest. By applying our kwledge of the metabolic and nutritional alterations which occur following disease, we can improve our care of the critically ill.
- Author(s)Douglas W. Wilmore
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleReviewing Surgical Topics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight419 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $32.62New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.52Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.33Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $30.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.