All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Metaphysics of Free Will provides a through statement of the major grounds for skepticism about the reality of free will and moral responsibility. The author identifies and explains the sort of control that is associated with personhood and accountability, and shows how it is consistent with causal determinism. In so doing, out view of ourselves as morally responsible agents is protected against the disturbing changes posed by science and religion.
- Author BiographyJohn Martin Fischer is Professor of Philosophy, University of California at Riverside. His previous publications include The Metephysics of Death (1993), Ethics: Problems and Principles (1991), and Moral Responsibility (1986).
- Author(s)John Martin Fischer
- PublisherBasil Blackwell Inc, US
- Date of Publication01/09/1995
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasil Blackwell Inc, US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width153 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.