All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a collection of papers that advance our understanding of the metaphysics of powers - properties such as fragility and electric charge. The metaphysics of powers is a fast developing research field with fundamental questions at the forefront of current research, such as Can there be a world of only powers? What is the manifestation of a power? Are powers and their manifestations related by necessity? What are the prospects for dispositional accounts of causation? The papers focus on questions concerning the metaphysics of powers that cut across any particular subject-specific ontological domain -- whether philosophy of science, philosophy of mind, ethics, epistemology - investigating the metaphysical structure of powers, the nature of the manifestation of powers, the necessity or contingency of a power's relation to its manifestations, and powers and causation. A number of authors also engage in discussion with Humean and neo-Humean treatments of causation, thereby making contributions to a larger metaphysical debate beyond powers. Additionally, the authors engage critically with the latest contributions to the debate on powers in the literature, thereby bringing together in a wholesome and analytical way the most recent and teworthy theoretical developments in this research field.
- Author BiographyAnna Marmodoro is a British Academy Post-Doctoral Fellow in Philosophy at the University of Oxford and a Junior Research Fellow at Corpus Christi College.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2010
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Metaphysics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white line drawings
- Weight412 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnna Marmodoro
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.