All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
About this product
- DescriptionApproximation techniques and variational principles represent vital tools for solving partial differential equations. This classic text introduces the reader to such solution methods at a level suitable for vices, before progressing through increasingly challenging problems. The book describes variational principles, including how to find them, and how to use them to construct error bounds and create stationary principles. The book also illustrates how to use simple methods to find approximate solutions, how to use the finite element method for more complex problems, and how to ascertain error bounds. Applications to fluid mechanics and heat and mass transfer problems are emphasized throughout. With problem sets included, this book is ideal as both a resource for instructors of graduate-level courses on numerical analysis, and as a self-study guide for scientists and engineers.
- Author BiographyBruce A. Finlayson is Rehnberg Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at the University of Washington. He was a pioneer in the use of computers in chemical engineering education and has received numerous awards from the Chemical Engineering Division of the American Society for Engineering Education. He is the author of four books and a member of the National Academy of Engineering. He served as the President of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers in 2000.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Finlayson
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.