All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic book on working with the energy of the body for spiritual purposes, The Middle Pillar by Israel Regardie, is w more complete, more modern, more usable, and better than ever. The exercise kwn as the Middle Pillar was devised by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Regardie expanded upon it and made it public over 60 years ago in the first edition of this book. Since that time, the exercise has been altered and adapted for just about any spiritual use you could think of. It is a mainstay of many Western traditions of magic. Now in its third edition, The Middle Pillar is better than ever. It has been edited by Chic Cicero and Sandra Tabatha Cicero, close friends of the late Regardie and senior Adepts of the Golden Dawn. They have also added new material in a separate section that more than doubles the size of the book with their valuable insights and kwledge. * Includes the complete original text, with thing eliminated * Spelling has been standardized to Western traditions * Each chapter w has a title to identify its content * The Ciceros's tes to each chapter add insight and history to Regardie's work * Modern and clearer illustrations have been added * New, a further exploration of the relationship between magic and psychology * New, more than five techniques to enhance relaxation * New, the Middle Pillar and the Chakras * New, versions of the Middle Pillar exercise in Egyptian, Greek, and Gaelic * New, a shamanic version of the Middle Pillar * New, how to use the Middle Pillar to charge talismans and do healings The Middle Pillar is w expanded to what it always should have been, a thorough, accessible examination and extension of the single ritual that has become the very embodiment of magic. Get The Middle Pillar and learn the real secrets of magic.
- Author BiographyFrancis I. Regardie, born in London, England, November 17, 1907; died in Sedona, Arizona, March 10, 1985. Came to the United States in August 1921, educated in Washington D.C. and studied art in school in Washington and Philadelphia. Returned to Europe in 1928 at the invitation of Aleister Crowley to work as his secretary and study with him. Returned to London as secretary to Thomas Burke 1932-34, and during that time wrote A Garden of Pomegranates and The Tree of Life. In 1934 he was invited to join the Order of the Golden Dawn, Stella Matutina Temple, during which time he wrote The Middle Pillar and The Art of True Healing, and did the basic work for The Philosopher's Stone. Returning to the United States in 1937 he entered Chiropractic College in New York, Graduating in 1941, and published The Golden Dawn. Served in the U.S. Army 1942-1945, and then moved to Los Angeles where he opened a chiropractic practice and taught psychiatry. Upon retirement in 1981, he moved to Sedona. During his lifetime, he studied psychoanalysis with Dr. E. Clegg and Dr. J. L. Bendit, and later studied psychotherapy under Dr. Nandor Fodor. His training encompassed Freudian, Jungian and Reichian methods. Both Chic and Tabatha are Chief Adepts of the Golden Dawn as re-established by Israel Regardie. The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, of which Chic is the G.H. Imperator, and Tabatha is the G.H. Cancellaria, is an international Order with Temples in several countries. The Ciceros have written numerous books on the Golden Dawn, Tarot, and Magic, including Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition, The Essential Golden Dawn, Tarot Talismans, and updates, annotations and introductions to classic Israel Regardie texts such as The Philosopher's Stone, The Middle Pillar and A Garden of Pomegranates. Both Chic and Tabatha are Chief Adepts of the Golden Dawn as re-established by Israel Regardie. The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, of which Chic is the G.H. Imperator, and Tabatha is the G.H. Cancellaria, is an international Order with Temples in several countries. The Ciceros have written numerous books on the Golden Dawn, Tarot, and Magic, including Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition, The Essential Golden Dawn, Tarot Talismans, and updates, annotations and introductions to classic Israel Regardie texts such as The Philosopher's Stone, The Middle Pillar and A Garden of Pomegranates.
- Author(s)Israel Regardie
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/1998
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content NoteILL
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Volume editorChic Cicero,Sandra Tabatha Cicero
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.