All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most practical, unique migraine book ever written. There are millions of migraine sufferers around the world. Almost all Dr. Bernstein's patients master their migraines and get better, and with this book, readers can do the same. This is the first book to enable readers to develop a personalized wellness plan that will either decrease the number of migraines that they experience or completely interrupt the chain of events that results in a full-blown migraine attack. It enables readers to find out what to do - immediately and long-term - to lessen migraine symptoms and help heal other headaches. Written by two migraine sufferers - a Harvard Medical School neurologist and director of New England's only Women's Headache Center, and an award-winning journalist who specializes in women's health issues - The Migraine Brain is the first book that t only explains why migraines happen but shows readers how to create their own customized wellness plan to significantly reduce the impact of migraines on their lives.
- Author BiographyDr. Carrie Bernstein has been studying and treating migraine patients for over 15 years. A board-certified neurologist, she graduated from Boston University Medical School, has taught neurology at Harvard Medical School for 15 years, and is one of two women neurologists on staff at the Cambridge Health Alliance in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where she is Director of Medical Specialties. She is an Assistant Professor in Neurology at Harvard Medical College, belongs to the American Academy of Neurology and in 2006 won the Harvard Medical School Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching. In 2006, Dr. Bernstein opened her own headache clinic for women, which is already overwhelmed with patients, The Women's Headache Center at the Cambridge Health Alliance - the first clinic of its kind in the country.
- Author(s)Carolyn Bernstein
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Free Press
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.