All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe conditions of alienation and exclusion are inextricably linked to the experience of the migrant. This ground-breaking volume explores both the increasing emergence of the theme of migration as a dominant subject matter in art as well as the ways in which the varied mobilities of a globalized world have radically reshaped art's conditions of production, reception, and display. In a wide-ranging selection of essays, fourteen distinguished scholars in the fields of visual studies, art history, literary studies, global studies, and art criticism explore the universality of conditions of global migration and interdependence, inviting a rethinking of existing perspectives in postcolonial, transnational, and diaspora studies, and laying the foundation for empirical and theoretical directions beyond the terms of these traditional frameworks.
- Author BiographySaloni Mathur is associate professor of art history at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleClark Studies in the Visual Arts
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note75 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySaloni Mathur
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.