All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExactly how did the Israelites cross the desert? How did Moses cross the Red Sea? How did Joshua take Jericho, and how did the sun appear to stand still at the Ayjllon Valley? No one has ever analyzed the Bible as a military history Gabriel provides the first attempt at a continuous historical narrative of the military history of ancient Israel. He begins with a military analysis of Exodus, an unprecedented and hugely significant contribution to Exodus Studies. This book includes collaborative findings from archaelogy, demography, ethgraphy, and other relevant disciplines. As a seasoned infantry officer and military historian, Gabriel brings a soldier's eye to the infantry combat described in the Bible. Seeking to make military sense of the Biblical narrative as preserved in Hebrew, he renders comprehensible some of the mysterious explanations for famous events.
- Author BiographyRICHARD A. GABRIEL is Professor of Ethics and Humanities, Daniel Webster College. He is the author of 34 books, many of them in the area of ancient military history. He was Director of Advanced Courses at the U.S. Army War College and a professor at St. Anselm College.
- Author(s)Professor Richard A. Gabriel
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight834 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.