About this product
- DescriptionAn essential volume of Napoleon s wisdom on the art of war. Nearly two hundred years after his death, Napoleon remains widely regarded as one of the greatest military commanders of all time. Here, in one volume, is the essence of Napoleon s kwledge and wisdom, the fruit of his practical experience, and his study of the great empire-builders from Alexander to Frederick the Great. Working from the best among previous editions of Napoleon s maxims, including the work produced in 1901 by William E. Cairnes, ted Napoleonic historian David G. Chandler has contributed commentary that examines Napoleon s work from the twentieth-century perspective of the two world wars, Vietnam, and other conflicts, and analyzes the ways in which commanders have observed or failed to observe Napoleon s teachings. The Military Maxims of Napoleon is a unique collection of tenets on the art of war. They reveal the principles on which his military, diplomatic, and political triumphs were built. Now every military student and enthusiast can benefit from the brilliance of Napoleonic insight and wisdom. The Military Maxims of Napoleon provides a most valuable insight into the Napoleonic art of war . . . David G. Chandler is the foremost modern authority on the subject, which makes this work essential reading. Philip J. Haythornthwaite, author of Invincible Generals Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyDavid G. Chandler was the head of the department of War Studies at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and the author of many books, including Napoleon s Marshals, The Campaigns of Napoleon, and Dictionary of the Napoleonic Wars. He died in 2004.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byWilliam E Cairnes
- Introduction byDaniel G Chandler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.