All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis pioneering history of military land use covers: firing and maeuvre ranges, training facilities, computerized simulation, barracks, accommodation, educational establishments, fortifications, airfields, dockyards, depots, bases, cemeteries, memorials, battlefield conservation, museums, and the impact of the military on the urban landscape. Examples are drawn from numerous countries. Stretching from the Ancient World to the present day, the book informs the contemporary debate about the extent of military land use.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John Childs was born in 1949. He is Professor of Military History and Director of the Centre for Military History in the University of Leeds, UK. He has written a series of books on British and European military history during the early modern period.
- Author(s)John Childs
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/03/1998
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published1998
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight420 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.