Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a growing body of work on the military in developing countries. Few studies, have explored in-depth questions concerning the social origins of offi cers and enlisted men or trace career patterns within the armed forces of the developing world. With the exception of Latin America, it has been rare for a study to assess the performance of ruling, or n-ruling, militaries for political development and modernization of their societies. Th is oversight is exactly what Henry Bienen addresses in this collection.
- Author BiographyHenry Bienen is president of Northwestern University. Prior to that appointment, he was the James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor and dean of the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. Bienen is the author of numerous books, including Kenya, the Politics of Participation and Control, Armed Forces, Conflict, and Change in Africa, and Voices of Power: World Leaders Speak.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byHenry Bienen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.