All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA FUN FABLE FOR CHILDREN! The story of the miller, his son, and the donkey is a fable that has been told in a variety of ways through different venues for a number of years. It has been included in Aesop's Fables and has found a home in literature in the Near East, the Middle East and Europe, dating back to medieval times. Jon J. Cardwell presents his mirthful rendition of this beloved story in metered rhyme, telling the tale of a miller that must sell his mule when his farm has fallen on hard times. The miller, his son, and their mule set out for the fair to sell their mule at market, and on the way, they encounter people that offer advice on how they should travel. A tale told in rhyme, the story may be easily grasped and understood by young children; and delivered in common meter, the story may also be sung to several familiar tunes, such as Amazing Grace, Joy to the World, or Am I a Soldier of the Cross. The illustrations are big and colorful, and the book's dimensions (8.5 x 11 ) make this a great tool for story telling times in group settings.
- Author BiographyJon J. Cardwell is a wretched sinner saved by God's free and sovereign grace. He lives in Anniston, Alabama with his wife, Lisa, his daughter, Rachel, and his mother-in-law, Virginia. He is the pastor at Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Anniston after having ministered as a missionary and as a missionary-pastor in the Philippines, California, and remote bush Alaska. He is the author of the bestseller, CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED and the CEO of Vayahiy Press. Jon has also held the office of vice-chairman of the national Sovereign Grace Baptist Fellowship (2009-11), and was elected as chairman on September 13, 2011 and reelected in September 2012. Some of Jon's other titles include: Lord, Teach Us to Pray; Fullness of the Time; A Pilgrim Family Devotional, A Puritan Bible Primer, Master Mega Writing, a non-fiction for teens, Custom Classic Cars, a teen science fiction/fantasy trilogy, YOU KILL'D MY PAHDER, FREFARE TO DIE, and the graphic novel, PEARL HARBOR: Date of Infamy! Date to Remember!
- Author(s)Jon J Cardwell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon J Cardwell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.63Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.