Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever met a cat who can talk, who can multiply 2,500.5 by 847, and who has a million pounds' Hennessy's business flair makes him extremely rich indeed, and he's t modest, either. Bequeathed a fortune by his owner, Aunt Charlotte, he invents the Parachute Collar for Cats, and is able to continue his life of luxury. However, there is more to this story than a Rolls Royce and prawns. Danger lurks in the form of Jake, Aunt Charlotte's jealous nephew, and Hennessy finds himself a captive, with the local drop-out moggies as his only hope of rescue. When Jake abandons him miles from home, Hennessy's subsequent adventures are packed with fun and daring. Pamela Dalton paces her plot to sustain excitement and sympathy as Hennessy befriends the circus tabby Fanny, rides on a tiger, and finally reaches home after a perilous journey in the engine of a car. Related with verve and humour, this tale with its intriguing range of characters will be enjoyed by children everywhere. Hennessy may be a conceited millionaire, but he does t forget his drop-out friends, and he finds that he has been even cleverer than he thought in outwitting the disgruntled Jake.
- Author BiographyA one-time editor of Parents magazine, Pamela Dalton has owned and edited a provincial newspaper. A contributor to a wide variety of magazines and newspapers, both in Britain and overseas, she has written numerous radio scripts for the BBC. Her previous children's book was chosen for the Children's Books of the Year exhibition. She lives in Hertfordshire.
- Author(s)Pamela Dalton
- PublisherJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1992
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLutterworth Press
- Out-of-print date17/08/2015
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Marilyn Heeger
- Reading Age7-11
- Interest Age6-12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.