The Mind: A User's Guide by Raj Persaud, Royal College of Psychiatrists (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough we are all born with brains and minds which are amazing, those who research and treat the symptoms of psychological and psychiatric disorder firmly believe we would all find our lives enhanced by a user's guide to the mind. We are supposed to be living in more enlightened times, yet it seems that more people than ever are suffering from mental health problems. In fact, statistics show: 1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health disorder in the course of their life; 1 in 6 of us will suffer from depression - most commonly between the ages of 25 and 44; and 1 in 10 people are likely to suffer from disabling anxiety at some stage in their life. Edited by Dr Raj Persaud and published in collaboration with the Royal College of Psychiatrists, The Mind: A User's Guide has been written by distinguished experts and offers information on the latest research into brain and mind sciences. It gives distinctive descriptions of behaviour, feelings and thoughts relating to a variety of conditions - including addictions, body image and bipolar disorders, depression and OCD - and helps us to clarify and understand symptoms and treatments. This handbook also confronts and debunks some of the most damaging myths and misconceptions surrounding the subject of mental health. Given how common these kinds of problems are throughout our lifespan, The Mind: A User's Guide could prove to be the most valuable reference book you own.
- Author BiographyDr Raj Persaud is a consultant psychiatrist working at London's Maudsley Hospital and Gresham Professor for Public Understanding of Psychiatry. He appears regularly on television, is an accomplished broadcaster and the author of several books, including most recently, The Motivated Mind and Simply Irresistible. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Raj Persaud,Royal College of Psychiatrists
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Content Notecartoons in text
- Weight674 g
- Width148 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.