The Mind Inside Tai Chi Chuan: Sustaining a Joyful Heart by Henry Yinghao Zhuang (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has three goals *To motivate you choose tai chi as a way of improving your health and increasing your happiness for an entire lifetime. *To enliven your practice with or without a formal teacher. *To provide guidance to advance your tai chi practice from a mere act of 'doing' tai chi to a method of tai chi as a way of following your heart. Why tai chi? After more than thirty years of practicing tai chi chuan, author Henry Zhuang shares what has kept him with tai chi for so long, and how tai chi evolved to a rewarding path toward improving life and happiness. Step-by-step, the author presents a clear exploration of the benefits of tai chi. Some benefits are physical (strength, balance, vitality), while others are internal (virtue, courage, harmony). This careful examination will help you answer the first big question, why should I get involved with tai chi practice. What if I already practice tai chi? If you already practice tai chi, you may need a boost to help you stay on track, or help you over a block in your progress. Simply doing the act (aerobics) is t eugh. You must find ways to constantly advance your mindset and your physical body. Kwing what this means and how to do it are important tools for keeping tai chi the most rewarding and enjoyable experience in your life, day after day, year after year. The author will explain for you: *The four spirits of tai chi *How tai chi cultivates the mind and improves character *Eight important tips for proper tai chi bodywork *Eight keys to pay attention to when practicing tai chi chuan *The four principles of tai chi chuan *Five mindsets for practicing tai chi chuan *Six points for your tai chi practice so your heart is always in it *Eight imagery/energy drills to help you get your mind / intent in the proper place All of these will accelerate your skills, and help incorporate tai chi as part of who you are, so you can use tai chi as a way of following your heart.
- Author BiographyHenry Yinghao Zhuang has been involved with tai chi for over 30 years. He began learning tai chi alone and then sought-out formal instruction. This puts him in a unique position to help others on this rewarding, but sometimes solo journey of seeking health and happiness through tai chi. Henry Zhuang is a chief real estate appraiser and tai chi instructor. He resides in Shanghai, China.
- Author(s)Henry Yinghao Zhuang
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication07/06/2015
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRolindale, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Note28 black & white halftones
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.