All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis vanguard collection of original and in-depth essays explores the intricate interplay of the aesthetic and psychological domains during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and considers the reasons why a common Modernist project took shape when and in the circumstances that it did. These changes occurred precisely when the distinctively modern disciplines of psychology, psychiatry, and psychoanalysis established their scientific foundations and achieved the forms in which we largely kw them today. This volume examines the dense web of connections joining the aesthetic and psychological realms in the modern era, charting historically the emergence of the ongoing modern discussion surrounding such issues as identity-formation, sexuality, and the unconscious. The contributors form a distinguished and diversified group of scholars, who write about a wide range of cultural fields, including philosophy, the vel and poetry, drama, dance, film and photography, as well as medicine, psychology, and the occult sciences.
- Author BiographyMark S. Micale is Associate Professor of History at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He is co-editor of Enlightenment, Passion, Modernity (Stanford, 2000).
- Author(s)Mark S. Micale
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/2003
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCultural Sitings
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note19 illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.