Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you try to control your worry, fear, and panic, only to fail and end up feeling frustrated and powerless? Unfortunately, you cant simply turn off anxious thoughts and feelings like a light switch. But there are ways you can take back your life and stop avoiding the things that cause you anxiety. This book has one purpose: to help you live better, more fully, and more richly. Your life is calling on you to make that choice, and the skills in this workbook can help you make it happen. This fully revised and updated second edition offers compelling new ACT exercises to help you finally conquer your anxiety. You'll learn how your mind can trap you, keeping you stuck and struggling in anxiety and fear. You'll also discover ways to nurture your capacity for acceptance, mindfulness, kindness, and compassion, and use these qualities to shift your focus away from anxiety and onto what you really want your life to be about. Finally, you'll learn how to let go of the trauma and painful past experiences that can fuel your anxiety. No matter what kind of anxiety problem you're struggling with, this workbook can guide you toward a more vibrant and purposeful life. This book has been awarded The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Self-Help Seal of Merit-an award bestowed on outstanding self-help books that are consistent with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) principles and that incorporate scientifically tested strategies for overcoming mental health difficulties. Used alone or in conjunction with therapy, our books offer powerful tools readers can use to jump-start changes in their lives.
- Author BiographyJohn P. Forsyth, PhD, is a scientist, writer, and licensed clinical psychologist in upstate New York. He has traveled the world giving talks and workshops to the public and professionals about the benefits of mindful acceptance, kindness and compassion, and how to live a valued life using a new approach to psychological health and wellness called acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). He is associate professor of psychology, director of the doctoral training program in clinical psychology, and director of the Anxiety Disorders Research Program at the University at Albany, State University of New York. He has published many articles about how excessive struggle with unpleasant thoughts and emotions feeds human suffering, and what mindfulness and acceptance can offer as a solution. He is coauthor of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Anxiety Disorders, ACT on Life, Not on Anger, and The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety. His work has helped foster growing international interest in acceptance and mindfulness approaches in psychology, mental health care, medicine, and society. Georg H. Eifert, PhD, was ranked among the top thirty researchers in behavior analysis and therapy in the 1990s, and has authored over 100 publications on psychological causes and treatments of anxiety and other emotional disorders. He is clinical fellow of the Behavior Therapy and Research Society, a member of numerous national and international psychological associations, and serves on several editorial boards of leading clinical psychology journals. He is also a licensed clinical psychologist. He is coauthor of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Anxiety Disorders and ACT on Life, Not on Anger.
- Author(s)Georg H. Eifert,John P. Forsyth
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- mudhornet04 Nov, 2016by
Great freight time
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.