All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFor the millions of people with bulimia regaining a healthy relationship to food is an uphill battle with much at stake. This workbook presents a revolutionary approach to the treatment of bulimia and similar eating disorders through ACT. Unlike other treatment programs this workbook encourages readers to mindfully accept their deepest fears and concerns about food, eating, and their bodies, and learn to shift their focus to what really matters in their lives apart from their weight and eating habits. Instead of making sweeping, made-to-be-broken promises about ending disordered eating habits for good, this workbook helps readers make small promises day by day, based on the present moment, such as I'm t bingeing right w. Written in a warm and compassionate style, this workbook helps readers become more flexible and open to change, and then gradually make the shift to a life free of disordered eating and focused on living according to their deepest values. The workbook includes an audio CD featuring additional worksheets and guided meditations.
- Author BiographyEmily Sandoz is assistant professor of psychology at Louisiana State University. She is a clinical psychologist and behavior analyst who specializes in treating clients using acceptance and commitment therapy.
- Author(s)Emily K. Sandoz,Kelly Wilson,Troy DuFrene
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Out-of-print date12/03/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.