All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 26 August 1959 a revolutionary small car rolled off the assembly line, and almost overnight became a cult. Sir Alec Issigonis' Mini was both invative and unconventional - making it the perfect embodiment of the Swinging Sixties. Today the MINI has become a hugely popular symbol, and a worldwide ambassador for individuality, vitality and Britishness. This lavishly produced book tells the fascinating story of the brand's success from the first classic Mini to today's modern, cutting-edge concept cars. Techlogical developments and automotive concepts, design features and cheeky customized creations are discussed in detail, alongside the story of the MINI's role in advertising, films and art, and the birth of the cult of the Mini in the 1960s. Rare vintage advertising posters, original design sketches and Erik Chmil's elegant photographs showcasing 23 MINI models make this book a visual feast and a collector's item for the MINI aficionado.
- Author BiographyAndreas Braun is a Munich-based art historian and curator at the BMW Museum.
- Author(s)Andreas Braun,Peter Schwarzenbauer
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Weight2180 g
- Width315 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.