About this product
- DescriptionWhen they ring the bell at the house with the dusty windows and tarnished nameplate to inquire about the advertised Saturday Person, Thruppence and Tim don t kw what they re getting themselves into. A Saturday job sounds ideal! But had that nameplate been properly cleaned, Thruppence and Tim might t have been so keen to enter . . . Pressured by the stern Minister Beeston from the Department of Ecomies, the Ministry of Ghosts has been given three months to prove the existence or nexistence of ghosts, or else it will be shut down! As it seems that children are particularly magnetic to ghosts and supernatural beings, Thruppence and Tim are hired to join the ministry s ghost-catching team. And although neither of them is scared by talk of ghosts or monsters, they are unprepared for what they re about discover! Filled with fun, humor, and twists and turns, this is the perfect book for anyone who loved Harry Potter and who is looking for something similar to Neil Gaiman s The Graveyard Book just t quite as scary.
- Author BiographyAlex Shearer was born in Wick, in the far north of Scotland. His father was a blacksmith and his mother was a secretary. He enjoyed writing from an early age and sold his first television script about thirty years ago. He went on to write several TV series, stage plays, radio plays, and comedy scripts. Moving into writing for children, his novels Bootleg and The Greatest Store in the World were adapted for television by the BBC, and his 2003 novel The Speed of Dark was short-listed for the Guardian Children s Fiction Prize. He lives in Somerset, England. Sky Pony Press, with our Good Books, Racehorse and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of books for young readerspicture books for small children, chapter books, books for middle grade readers, and novels for young adults. Our list includes bestsellers for children who love to play Minecraft; stories told with LEGO bricks; books that teach lessons about tolerance, patience, and the environment, and much more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
- Author(s)Alex Shearer
- PublisherSky Pony Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.