All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionMore than just a simple guide to liturgical music, The Ministry of Music explores the acclamations, hymns, and responsorial psalm from the perspective of liturgy as ritual enactment of the paschal mystery - an enactment which the music allows us to join. Harmon includes practical advice and suggestions for selecting seasonal music and helps create a paschal mystery spirituality to shape our daily lives. Begins with an Introduction and Part I, Liturgy and the Paschal Mystery. Chapters in Part II, Musical Implications and Pastoral Applications are: Defining Liturgical Music, *Singing the Acclamations, - *Singing the Hymns and Songs, - *Singing the Responsorial Psalm, - *Singing the Litanies, - *Selecting Music with the Liturgical Year in Mind, - *Selecting Seasonal Sets of Service Music, - *Selecting a Parish Music Resource. - Concludes with Part III, A Paschal Mystery Spirituality for Liturgical Musicians. Kathleen Harmon, SNDdeN, PhD, is music director for programs of the Institute for Liturgical Ministry in Dayton, Ohio, the author of the Music Notes column for Liturgical Ministry, and co-author of Living Liturgy: Spirituality, Celebration, and Catechesis for Sundays and Solemnities, published by Liturgical Press.
- Author BiographyKathleen Harmon, SNDdeN, is the music director for programs of the Institute for Liturgical Ministry in Dayton, Ohio, and is the author of numerous publications including The Mystery We Celebrate, the Song We Sing: A Theology of Liturgical Music, The Ministry of Cantors, and The Ministry of Music. She is also a contributor to the Living Liturgy(TM) family of resources, published by Liturgical Press. An educator and musician, she facilitates liturgical music workshops and cantor formation programs. She holds a graduate degree in music and a doctorate in liturgy.
- Author(s)Kathleen Harmon
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleCollegeville Ministry Series
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.