All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionNorth Coast, New South Wales. Clementine is twenty-five and still living in the place where she grew up, rooted there by memories and her own inability to make changes until she has understood her past. The past is dominated by memories of her mother, and her mother, and her mother's attempts to dramatise and enrich small-town life and the perceptions of her three clever, receptive daughters. But only Clementine has stayed. Is this out of loyalty to her mother's memory? Or to comfort her father? Perhaps she wants to find peace with Hugh, her earnest husband, in whose house she most uncomfortably lives? Or is the lure Thomas, who alone can appreciate Clementine's own sensuality, and her humour, but who must remain ather of her secrets?
- Author BiographyGillian Mears's books include Ride a Cock Horse, Fineflour, The Grass Sister and A Map of the Gardens.
- PrizesShortlisted for Commonwealth Book Prize - Pacific 1992.
- Author(s)Gillian Mears
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight385 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.