All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the 1914 Miracle Boston Braves is one of the most memorable in baseball history, but less well kwn is what the club did after that spectacular season. They didn't flash and disappear , as sports writer John Kieran put it. In 1915, they were strong contenders for the National League pennant, and almost won it again in 1916. This book is the first to look at the Miracle Braves in a larger context. Under the invative manager George Stallings, the Braves won Boston's first National League pennant in 17 years. Their startling sweep of the mighty Philadelphia Athletics was their league's only World Series victory from 1909 to 1919. The Braves of those years - like the hot-tempered Georgian who managed them - were a roistering, pugnacious crew that battled the opposition, the umpires and sometimes each other.
- Author BiographyCharles C. Alexander, Distinguished Professor of History Emeritus, Ohio University, USA has written 13 books, the last seven of which have dealt with American baseball history. He lives in Hamilton, Ohio, USA.
- Author(s)Charles C. Alexander
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note25 illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.