All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
About this product
- DescriptionJacques Forestier, the central character of Cocteau's famous first vel from 1921, is a parasite and dilettante who responds readily to beauty in both sexes. Leaving his provincial family he comes to Paris to study for his degree. Indulging in a life of dissipation with a group of students and their mistresses, he falls in love with Germaine, a chorus girl kept by a rich banker. The affair, doomed from the start, forces Jacques to come to terms t so much with society as he finds it but with himself.
- Author BiographyJean Cocteau is regarded as one of France's greatest men of arts and letters. A multi-faceted talent and arecipient of the Legion d'honneur, he achieved distinction as a poet, playwright, and critic as well as an artist, illustrator, composer, actor, and internationally acclaimed filmmaker. Hewas the author ofLa Belle et la Bete, Les Enfants Terribles, Opium, and Thomas The Impostor.
- Author(s)Jean Cocteau
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePeter Owen modern classic
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byDorothy Williams
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.