All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- Description<b>When a loudmouthed author gets silenced, Wolfe looks for the triggerman</b>The gun was fired close to Charles Childress s head, and his were the only fingerprints on it, forcing the police to conclude that the author committed suicide. But his friends kw this is impossible, because Childress loved himself far too much. He had just begun attracting fame, writing new mysteries starring the iconic Sergeant Barnstable, and he had bright hopes for the future. His publisher hires corpulent genius Nero Wolfe to determine who cut Childress s career short, and the detective finds dearth of suspects.Among the many who may have wanted the wordsmith whacked are his agent, his editor, a corrupt book reviewer, and an enraged legion of Barnstable devotees. With the help of his indefatigable assistant, Archie Goodwin, Wolfe takes a look at those closest to the arrogant, argumentative author, hoping to decide which of Childress s associates merely hated him, and which would have been willing to kill.
- Author BiographyRobert Goldsborough (b. 1937) is an American author best known for continuing Rex Stout s famous Nero Wolfe series. Born in Chicago, he attended Northwestern University and upon graduation went to work for the Associated Press, beginning a lifelong career in journalism that would include long periods at the<i>Chicago Tribune</i>and<i>Advertising Age</i>. While at the<i>Tribune</i>, Goldsborough began writing mysteries in the voice of Rex Stout, the creator of iconic sleuths Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. Goldsborough s first novel starring Wolfe, <i>Murder in E Minor</i>(1986), was met with acclaim from both critics and devoted fans, winning a Nero Award from the Wolfe Pack. Nine more Wolfe mysteries followed, including<i>Death on Deadline</i>(1987) and<i>Fade to Black</i>(1990). <i>Stop the Presses!</i>(2016) is his most recent novel.
- Author(s)Robert Goldsborough
- PublisherMysteriouspress.Com/Open Road
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleNero Wolfe Mysteries (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMysteriouspress.Com/Open Road
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.