All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionA Spiritual Journey of Love, Life, and Living Crest Hill County is in trouble. It is a town, that has seen too much death, had too many funerals, witnessed too much sorrow. The grief is so heavy, that the town itself is vanishing from the face of the earth. ...that is until a mysterious mist rolls into town, and raises the dead, who come back to show the living...just how to live again. But while the mist seems to bring a sign of hope...it also comes with a price. The Mist brought back Maya - the mistress to the town's Pastor. She came back with a message, a warning, and a plan to save this town...she also came back to show a married woman. just how to keep her man. The Mist brought back Eric Jr., who died in a car accident because his mother fell asleep at the wheel. He came back to his mother Erica, so that she could heal - but w that he has arrived, she doesn't want to let him go. The Mist brought back Jason, who died t kwing that his lover Benny was having an affair with ather man. He kws w, and has returned to confront them both. The Mist has brought back Ella, who was an infant when she died - the daughter to Jenna Reed. Jenna, who thought her daughter was alive, only to find out it was t so, and how her death exposed a mysterious past she was t ready to hear. The Mist brought back Lisa's past; a string of abusive relationships with men that sabotaged her life - men who died. Now they return to the living, to her, to answer to their crimes. And so it continues - home after home, person after person, each one confronting a past that they thought they had escaped, pain they thought they were over, questions they thought would never be answered. As each individual deals with the ghosts of their pasts - The Mist gets evermore thicker, suffocating, menacing... ...until its true purpose is revealed.
- Author BiographyVernon Clay is a celebrated author who grew up in Chicago, and transitioned to Los Angeles where his writing career blossomed amongst palm trees and sunshine. This is his second and most passionate novel; inspired by his grandmother's passing, this novel examines the emotions of losing someone, confronting the loss, and the power of finally letting go. This is revealed in a town, through different people, each dealing with death in a different way; each realizing that in order for them to say hello, and step boldly into their future, they have to take a moment to say goodbye to their past. Vernon has a passion to help other writers, and is developing projects to do just that. He currently lives in New York, splitting his time between Harlem and Queens, working on his next book.
- Author(s)Vernon Clay
- PublisherBrick Publishing
- Date of Publication03/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrick Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.