All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story starts out in modern day Blackburn, Lancashire, England. Christian Halliday is walking his Labrador Millie on the fields behind his house when a mist suddenly appears. His dog runs off but Christian walks into it - to reappear in 1943. He realises that he is in Blackburn one week before a bomb is dropped on the market, killing 150 men, women and children. He has a chance of saving these people, if he can convince the locals of what is about to happen. Who will believe him? How can he make people believe something that hasn't yet happened? And what of the timeline? He meets a young girl, Leanne Piggott who takes him into her home. Over the following seven days, Christian has to make Leanne believe what will happen in the market. He sees a plaque at the cathedral with the names of those who died beneath the bomb. Leanne is one of them. The local police superintendent realises there is more to Christian, when he is found to have a mobile phone on him. The policeman pursues both him and Leanne. Christian is arrested but has to escape before the bomb is dropped. They meet the inventor of the mobile phone, as well as numerous other characters, including Sophie, a prostitute and Bernard Kendrick, a scientist who does believe that Christian is from 70 years in the future. Will he be able to save the 150 - and Leanne? Will he make it back to his own time or be left stranded in 1943? The complete vel of over 100,000 words, covers just seven days in the life of Christian and Leanne.
- Author BiographyI have been writing for over 20 years, having got into serious writing when taking a Creative Writing course at Runshaw College in Leyland, Lancashire. I was an original member of Chorley and District Writers Circle and started a circle in Blackburn when I moved to the town 10 years ago. I have written numerous short stories but the fiction novel is my genre and to date I have completed seven, Rishton Mill being my eighth. My fourth book, Dundee - The Law was short-listed for the Dundee International Book Prize in 2009. I was awarded a Diploma in Creative Writing from the Open University in 2009. I am happily married to Alison and live in Blackburn, Lancashire with five dogs, (walking them twice a day is where I get many of my ideas for future novels), two cats and numerous fish. I am a steward of Blackburn Rovers Football Club as well as a steward at Preston North End and Blackpool Football Club. I fully enjoy my retirement and find writing an excellent way to fill my time and keep my interest in everything around me.
- Author(s)MR Leslie Hamilton
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.