All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mitsitam Cafe has become one the most popular attractions at the world rewned Smithsonian Museum. Drawing upon tribal culinary traditions from five regions - Northern Woodlands, Great Plains, North Pacific Coast, Mesoamerica and South America - the cafe's offerings feature staples that were once unkwn in the rest of the world. Replete with beautiful photographs of the finished dishes as well as objects and archival photographs from the museum's vast collections, the invative recipe book showcases the US' truly indigeus foods in 90 easy-to-follow recipes.
- Author BiographyThe kitchen of Richard Hetzler s German American childhood home in Baltimore provided his earliest culinary inspiration. After working in restaurant kitchens in high school, Hetzler attended the Baltimore International Culinary College, graduating in 1995. He worked at several fine-dining restaurants in the Washington, DC/Baltimore area before joining the food-service firm Restaurant Associates, becoming the executive chef at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. In 2003, he was on the team that researched and developed the groundbreaking concept for the National Museum of the American Indian s Mitsitam Cafe: serving indigenous foods that are the staples of five Native culture areas in North and South America. As the executive chef of the Mitsitam, which has become one of the country s most popular museum restaurants, he has continued to create and refine seasonal menus that showcase the truly native bounty of the Americas.
- Author(s)Richard Hetzler
- PublisherFulcrum Inc.,US
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationGolden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFulcrum Inc.,US
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight806 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $38.28
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $48.78
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $60.52
- AU $24.11Trending at AU $29.46
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.