All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mixe of Oaxaca was the first extensive ethgraphy of the Mixe, with a special focus on Mixe religious beliefs and rituals and the curing practices associated with them. It records the procedures, design-plan, corresponding prayers, and symbolic context of well over one hundred rituals. Frank Lipp has written a new preface for this edition, in which he comments on the relationship of Mixe religion to current theoretical understandings of present-day Middle American folk religions.
- Author BiographyFrank J. Lipp is Research Director of the New York State Office of Children and Family Services. He has taught at Pace University and the Universidad de las Americas in Puebla, Mexico. Munro S. Edmonson (1924-2002) was Professor of Anthropology at Tulane University.
- Author(s)Frank J. Lipp
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note12 line drawings, 1 map
- Weight726 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byMunro S. Edmondson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.