All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's springtime - hundreds of Crows set out on their yearly migration and converge at the Gathering Tree. This sacred Gathering is an opportunity for the six crow Clans of the Family Kinaar to assemble, to make decisions and to celebrate being together. But when young blood is lost, sacred laws are tested as an illegal Mob seeks revenge, and a schism threatens the unity of the flock. The Family's situation is made yet more precarious when a severe blizzard hits and the Crows are faced with the dilemma of where to find shelter. Breaking age-old decrees and working together may offer their only chance of survival ...Here is a startling view of the world from a bird's-eye perspective, complete with its own set of beliefs, mythologies and politics. But it's a world familiar to us too - where the needs of the individual often clash with those of the group, and where the desire to be free must be tempered with the need to be safe, to survive.
- Author BiographyClem Martini is a Canadian playwright and screenwriter who has written for both adults and young people. A professor of drama at the University of Calgary, he is a three-time winner of the Alberta Writer's Guild Drama Prize and was a Govenor General's Award nominee. The Mob is his first novel. Clem was born in Calgary, Alberta, and lives there with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)Clem Martini
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/07/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCrow Chronicles
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Interest Age9-11
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.