All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPortable phones are w miniature multi-media centers that can fit neatly in one's pocket, and media industries of all types are adapting content for these new platforms, or invating entirely new forms. In the light of this explosive growth, this diverse collection of essays establishes conceptual, critical frameworks for evaluating the latest transformations of the media landscape. Some essays provide historical context, exploring older phemena such as the CB radio, automobile radio, and hand-held video games, while others unpack the behind-the-scenes negotiations that determine what kinds of services are available to consumers of the latest techlogy. The Mobile Media Reader is a comprehensive road map, enabling both scholars and students to examine the social, cultural, and commercial implications of media that are available anywhere at any time.
- Author BiographyNoah Arceneaux is Assistant Professor in the School of Journalism and Media Studies at San Diego State University. His research explores the social construction of new media technologies, ranging from wireless telegraphy to emerging forms of mobile media. His work has been published in a number of journals, and he is the co-editor of The Cell Phone Reader (Lang, 2006). Anandam Kavoori is Professor in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia. He is the author or editor of eight books including Reading YouTube (Lang, 2011), Digital Media Criticism (Lang, 2010), and co-editor of The Cell Phone Reader (Lang, 2006).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number73
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAnandam P. Kavoori,Noah Arceneaux
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.