All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Modern Anthropology of India is an accessible textbook providing a critical overview of the ethgraphic work done in India since 1947. It assesses the history of research in each region and serves as a practical and comprehensive guide to the main themes dealt with by ethgraphers. It highlights key analytical concepts and paradigms that came to be of relevance in particular regions in the recent history of research in India, and which possibly gained a pan-Indian or even trans-Indian significance. Structured according to the states of the Indian union, contributors raise several key questions, including: * What themes were ethgraphers interested in? * What are the significant ethgraphic contributions? * How are peoples, communities and cultural areas represented? * How has the ethgraphic research in the area developed? Filling a significant gap in the literature, the book is an invaluable resource to students and researchers in the field of Indian anthropology/ethgraphy, regional anthropology and postcolonial studies. It is also of interest to students of South Asian studies in general as it provides an extensive and critical overview of regionally based ethgraphic activity undertaken in India.
- Author BiographyPeter Berger teaches Anthropology and Indian Religions at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands. His ethnographic research in highland Orissa focuses on religion, food, ritual, social structure and cultural change. Frank Heidemann is Professor for Social and Cultural Anthropology at the University of Munich, Germany. His research interests include society and religion in Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka, as well as visual anthropology in general.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFrank Heidemann,Peter L. Berger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.