All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionAttempting to deconstruct America's joyless obsession with sobriety, <b>The Modern Drunkard</b> offers today's befuddled drinkers a comprehensive and instructive manual on the delights of alcohol culture, how to be a good drunk, how to drink, and how to do it well. Through articles, anecdotes, cartoons, and illustrations pulled from our long and happy history of drinking alcohol, Frank Kelly Rich campaigns to revive the lost art of tippling and taps a deep vein of boozy lore and legend through the ages, uncovering etiquette and expertise from some of history's greatest guzzlers.
- Author BiographyFrank Kelly Rich is the founder and editor of <b>Modern Drunkard Magazine</b>, the voice of the recreational drinker. Mr. Rich has spent the greater part of his life absorbing lessons and libations alike in bars the world over. He is also the author of four booze-noir action-adventure novels (Jack Strait, <b>Bogeyman</b> series, Gold Eagle Books) and the writer and director of the booze noir film <b>Nixing the Twist</b>.
- Author(s)Frank Kelly Rich
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.