Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis latest and fourth volume in the series comprises ten contributions written by an expert team of academics and practitioners and which collectively analyse and expound many of the contemporary legal issues and debates in the law and practice of marine insurance. Some of the contributions touch upon areas of the law which will be amended by the Insurance Act 2015, and provide an insight to the future changes in the law. The topics covered are * An assessment of the Marine Insurance Act 1906 * Construction of marine policies * Litigating against brokers - the measure of damages * Co-insurance and leading underwriter clauses * Duties of good faith of insurers and reinsurers * Assured right to interest when a policy is avoided * The impact of The Cendor MOPU on the Institute Cargo Clauses * Fraudulent claims * Aspects of Subrogation * Conflict of laws in light of the recast Brussels I Regulation This book is essential reading for maritime lawyers, brokers and insurance market practitioners, academics, and companies associated with the marine insurance markets worldwide.
- Author BiographyProfessor Rhidian Thomas is an Emeritus Professor of Maritime Law at Swansea University, and is the Founding Director of the Institute of International Shipping and Trade Law.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleMaritime and Transport Law Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight771 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byRhidian Thomas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.