All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis pocket manual is a valuable tool for medical students as well as cardiovascular practitioners and internists worldwide, and provides a concise and much-needed update of beta-blocker use in the cardiovascular area (particularly hypertension and heart failure).
Beta-blockers (BBs) are a large and important family of therapeutic agents with primary use is in cardiovascular medicine. The therapeutic areas that BB covers include: Ischemic Heart Disease, Hypertension, Heart Failure and Arrhythmias.
It also provides a current update of the vital role of beta-blockers in the treatment of heart failure, and why some beta-blockers are ineffective .
The book also uncovers the clinical inaccuracies of how the UK NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Committee have got it wrong in their recent prouncements on BBs and hypertension.
- Author BiographyJohn Malcolm Cruickshank M.D, Independent Cardiovascular consultant, University College Hospital, London; Withington Hospital, Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)John Malcolm Cruickshank
- PublisherPMPH-USA Limited
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationShelton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPMPH-USA Limited
- Content Noteill
- Weight397 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.