All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome of the most exciting and invative work in the humanities currently takes place at the intersection of intellectual history and critical theory. Just as critical theorists are becoming more aware of the historicity of theory, contemporary practitioners of modern intellectual history are recognizing their potential contributions to theoretical discourse. No one has done more than Martin Jay to realize the possibilities for mutual enrichment between intellectual history and critical theory. This carefully selected collection of essays addresses central questions and current practices of intellectual history and asks how the legacy of critical theory has influenced scholarship across a wide range of scholarly disciplines. In hor of Martin Jay's unparalleled achievements, this volume includes work from some of the most prominent contemporary scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
- Author BiographyWarren Breckman is Associate Professor of History at the University of Pennsylvania and executive editor of the Journal of the History of Ideas. Peter E. Gordon is Professor of European History at Harvard University. A. Dirk Moses is a Senior Lecturer in History at the University of Sydney. Samuel Moyn is Professor of European History at Columbia University. Elliot Neaman is Professor of European History at the University of San Francisco.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note8 ills
- Edited byA. Dirk Moses,Peter Eli Gordon,Warren Breckmann
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.