The Mold Survival Guide: For Your Home and for Your Health by Jeffrey C. May, Connie L. May (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe image was shocking: a couple wearing protective suits and masks in their own home! The accompanying USA Weekend story documented the mold-related headaches, fatigue, and respiratory problems that forced Melinda Ballard and Ron Allison to abandon their dream house, leaving all their possessions behind. Ather family was so terrified that they had their mold-filled house torn down. Mold growth threatens property managers and builders, as well as home owners and renters. Legal settlements in some mold cases have reached the millions, and home insurance rates are skyrocketing. Some people argue that mold concerns are exaggerated; others are convinced that mold growth is destroying their health. In The Mold Survival Guide, a prominent indoor air quality professional teams up with a writing specialist to describe mold, to explain where and why it flourishes in homes, and to offer advice on how to eradicate mold while minimizing health risks. The book includes a chapter by two physicians who explain how exposure to mold can affect health. With clear scientific explanations and expert advice, The Mold Survival Guide is a valuable resource for anyone worried about a common household problem that can have serious consequences.
- Author BiographyJeffrey C. May's company May Indoor Air Investigations LLC, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, specializes in identifying the causes of mold, odor, and moisture problems in homes, schools, and offices. He lectures nationally on indoor air quality and is the author of My House Is Killing Me! The Home Guide for Families with Allergies and Asthma, and My Office is Killing Me! The Sick Building Survival Guide, both published by Johns Hopkins University Press. Connie L. May was an English teacher and school administrator before joining May Indoor Air Investigations, LLC. She is co-author of the textbook series From Thought to Action.
- Author(s)Connie L. May,Jeffrey C. May
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2004
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note45, 45 black & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.