All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered whether your family's daily chaos is rmal? If you read The Mom Comedies, you will wonder more. In these short, humor-packed stories, the reader is taken through all stages of the family malady otherwise kwn as parenthood. Beginning with author Lauren Lauterwasser's first-time experience with pregnancy and continuing through the toddler years, this laugh-out-loud book takes in all the trials and travails that is modern motherhood. The Mom Comedies deserve a place the sarcastic family humor tradition of Erma Bombeck. Told in brief episodes, the hilarious stories will bring laughter and tears to anyone who has ever lost their mind while raising a child. Author, and (of course) mom, Lauren Lauterwasser began the book as a blog, back in the day before blogging was cool. When she became pregnant, which the inexperienced young author naively assumed would be the most stressful event she would ever have to face in life, Lauterwasser began a 'baby site, ' chronicling her maternity experiences for family and friends who lived far away. Unexpectedly, she developed a following far larger than her family. E-mail requests for more 'mom comedies' flowed through her in-box. Once she had children (two girls, delivered 18 months apart, thank you), Lauterwasser didn't seem to have as much time to write. At least t until Facebook came along, which allowed her to write in short, humorous bursts. Encouraged by the response to the steady stream of frank stories, Lauterwasser began posting about her crazy life as a bewildered mother. These are stories of a young, working mother trying to keep herself sane alongside a smart-aleck husband and two young daughters whose antics will keep the readers in stitches. In revealing her own zany family, she hopes t to just entertain readers but to make them feel like their own flesh and blood is t so crazy. From toddler speech slip-ups to fishing trips to unexpected visits from central Florida armadillos, The Mom Comedies brims with biting, exasperated humor from a frenzied, family perspective.
- Author BiographyMarried to her high school sweetheart, Lauren Lauterwasser is the mother of two little girls who were born 18 months apart. In the days when blogging was only the province of geeks and early adopters, she began a 'baby site' to update her family and friends on the state of her first pregnancy. Unexpectedly, she developed a following far larger than family, and her in-box overflowed with requests for more stories, which would eventually form The Mom Comedies. When she isn't busy dealing with her inquisitive young daughters alongside her smart-aleck husband, she works in financial reporting for a Fortune 500 company. Lauterwasser attended the University of Central Florida as an undergrad, and later earned her MBA from Regis University. A MENSA member, she enjoys writing, music, and above all, laughter.
- Author(s)Lauren Lauterwasser
- PublisherDo Dragonflies Roar?
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDo Dragonflies Roar?
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.