All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's well kwn that Claude Monet was a gourmand as well as an artistic genius. His culinary journals are filled with detailed recipes and tes about what he ate and with whom he shared his meals. Now, sixty of those recipes are gathered in this elegantly produced book brimming with the colors and flavors of Giverny, France. Each chapter features recipes that were served in Monet's famed yellow dining room, eaten al fresco in the gardens at Giverny, or at several of the fine restaurants along the Seine in Normandy. Beautiful reproductions of Monet's art compliment the recipes, along with photographs of the artist enjoying these dishes with his family, friends, and fellow artists. The recipes themselves, selected for their rustic appeal and use of only the freshest ingredients, range from simple galettes and hearty casseroles to fine souffle s, seafood dishes, and delicious tarts, cakes, and other pastries. A fitting tribute to the painter and his legendary aesthetic, this cookbook is the next best thing to sitting at Monet's table.
- Author BiographyFLORENCE GENTNER was formerly special assistant to the Carnavalet Museum and the Maison de Victor Hugo. She regularly writes articles devoted to the homes of writers and gives lectures on art history. She is the author of numerous books.
- Author(s)Florence Gentner
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note150
- Weight1406 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographs byFrancis Hammond
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.