Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionI really, really want it mom, oh please, Oh Please, OH PLEASE! But Mom said No t today. Do you think money grows on trees? And so it begins, a little boy figures out a plan to get eugh money to buy the coolest new thing-a-ma-jig without the help of mom or dad! A colorful fun bedtime story, that is a must read for every young child. A valuable lesson for young child about working hard and saving money to get something they really want! Here what others say: All of us need to learn about money--the sooner the better. Lisa McCarthy's children's book, with its eye-catching illustrations, is the answer to every parent who wants to give their child a head-start on the road to financial independence. - Taylor Larimore, author of The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing.
- Author BiographyThe Money Tree started in the bathtub! Yes, you read that right. Every night I would write stories and poems on the bathroom wall during bath time with my then 4-year-old daughter. (Yes, I used bathroom tub crayons, I am not that crazy!) One night after surviving a major temper tantrum in a store over a new toy I refused to buy- I realize how I was headed down the wrong path with my child. Well meaning yes, but the wrong path for sure! I thought back to all the times and all the little things I couldn't resist buying her each time we went out. Oh it's just a dollar I would say. Not even thinking of the future that as she grew those dollar things would grow to $5 things which would then grow to $20 things-well you get the picture. So I thought to myself, I really need to teach this child the money doesn't grow on trees, it comes from working hard and earning it! And so my first book - The Money Tree was created on my bathroom wall that night over soap suds, giggles and a little shampoo in the eyes! Again and Again, we would write and re-write on our bathroom wall until my daughter and her friends, became my writers, my editors, my designers. But most of all they were really starting to get the message I was trying to convey. And now I can't wait to share this wonderful story with you! Besides, my husband re-did our bathroom and I am no longer allowed to write on the walls!
- Author(s)Lisa Laughton McCarthy
- PublisherMarcommgroup Inc
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarcommgroup Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tory Ammiano
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.