All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Horn Book 's Best Picture Books of 2011When Pa brings a turkey poult home to fatten for Christmas dinner, he assures Ma that it will be trouble since it can live in a box by the stove and eat table scraps--and just think of the money we'll save! But it's t quite so simple to raise a turkey in a tiny flat in a nineteenth-century New York City tenement. Can Pa and the children manage the willful and growing Alfred and keep the neighbors happy until Christmas? Pa finds a solution for every difficulty--until he encounters one that threatens to ruin Christmas completely. How the family joins together to solve this last difficulty makes for a very funny and satisfying holiday story.
- Author BiographyBrock Cole is the author/illustrator of many picture books and young adult novels. He lives in Buffalo, New York.
- Author(s)Brock Cole
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication11/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width221 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.38
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.