All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
About this product
- DescriptionNational Bestseller The definitive history of the Montreal Canadiens - w updated with the inside story of the tumultuous 2009 season. Before there were slapshots, Foster Hewitt, or even an NHL, there were the Canadiens. Founded on December 4, 1909, the team won its first Stanley Cup in 1916. Since then, the Canadiens have won 23 more championships, making them the most successful hockey team in the world. The team has survived two wars, the Great Depression, NHL expansion, and countless other upheavals, thanks largely to the loyalty of fans and an extraordinary cast of players, coaches, owners, and managers. The Montreal Canadiens captures the full glory of this saga. It weaves the personalities, triumphs, heartaches, and hysteria into a compelling narrative with a surprise on every page. It sheds new light on old questions - how the team colours were chosen, how the Canadiens came to be kwn as the Habitants - and goes behind the scenes of tumultuous recent events still awaiting thorough examination: why Scotty Bowman was passed over as general manager after Sam Pollock resigned; why Pollock's successor, Irving Grunman, failed; why Serge Savard was dumped as GM so hastily despite his record. Colourful and controversial, The Montreal Canadiens is the history of a team that has been making news for 100 years - and continues to do so with the return of legendary player Bob Gainey as general manager, determined to bring the Stanley Cup back to Montreal.
- Author BiographyD'Arcy Jenish is the author of Epic Wanderer: David Thompson and the Mapping of the Canadian West, the award-winning Indian Fall: The Last Great Days of the Plains Cree and the Blackfoot Confederacy, and the bestselling The Stanley Cup: A Hundred Years of Hockey at its Best. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)D'Arcy Jenish
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white plates, colour plates
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.