All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhat distinguishes academic administration from administration or managing in business? Rudolph Weingartner, arugues that colleges and universities are founded to serve certain purposes; they are supported by governments and private individuals; and, as professional institutions, they have students, among others, as clients to whom they owe education services in ways analogous to the obligations hospitals have via-^-vis their patients. Academic administration is t just ather job of managing, but a calling that importantly assists institutions to carry out their missions.
- Author BiographyRudolph H. Weingartner is professor emeritus of philosophy at the University of Pittsburgh. His books include Undergraduate Education: Goals and Means and Fitting Form to Function: A Primer on the Organization of Academic Institutions.
- Author(s)Rudolf H. Weingartner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIssues in Academic Ethics
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width160 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.