All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn informative history of the Moravians in North Carolina, beginning at the time of the first land grant near Winston-Salem in 1752. In addition to the history of North Carolina in 1752, the chapters provide information on Wachovia; the First Settlement at Bethabara, 1753; the Indian War, Bethania, 1759; F. W. de Marshall; Salem, 1766; Friedberg, 1772; Friedland, 1780; Hope, 1780; the Revolutionary War; a summary of Half a Century, 1803; Salem Female Academy, 1804; Indian Mission, 1801; Negro Mission, 1822; Home Mission, 1835; New Congregations, 1830; the Older Congregations, 1806-1856; List of Ministers and Other Brethren in the Service of the Province in General, and of the Salem Congregation in Particular; Ministers of the Country Congregations; and the Brethren's Unity. Following the historical narrative are four appendices: Appendix No. I, is the First Settlers and Heads of Families. This is a list containing the names of these first settlers, and the year and place of their birth and death. Appendix No. II, is entitled, Churches and Other Public Buildings, which provides the dates of construction or completion in the various North Carolina locations. Additionally, a full description of the new Female Academy at Salem, it's progress, and many structural dimensions. Appendix No. III, entitled, Houses Built in Salem, 1766 - 1816, with many identifying then present day occupants. Appendix No. IV, Additions and Notes, covers miscellaneous information, including events and persons. Paperback, (1857), repr. 2012, Appendices, Index, 202 pp.
- Author(s)Levin T Reichel
- PublisherJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.