All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe American public faces an unstable landscape in the wake of 21st century terrorism. Evolutionary trends in transnational and domestic terrorism indicate a shift toward increasingly violent acts as law enforcement and intelligence agencies apply pressure to these organizations. The collapse of nation-states, the splintering of transnational terror groups and criminal enterprise along with a resurgence of domestic extremism will contribute to a new era of ultra-terrorism in which target is off-limits. The next generation of terrorist will evolve tactics derived from the active shooter, make use of increasingly powerful explosive devices, and construct improvised weapons of mass destruction in an effort to attack our most precious vulnerabilities. Cyber-warfare techniques, once intended for use against nations, will w be directed against individuals and the national infrastructure as techlogy and kwledge are proliferated across international borders and telecommunications networks. Extremist groups will encourage conspiratorial rhetoric and violence through the use of social media in an effort to recruit the average citizen. The Most Dangerous Course of Action will emphasize the need to strengthen the covenant between the American citizen, the state, and the federal government in the face of an asymmetric threat. The right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness does t come without a duty to maintain a state of informed preparedness, an awareness of community responsibilities as they apply to disaster management and an active involvement with the existing homeland security apparatus.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Cox is an author and dedicated to the research of national security issues. His professional experience includes deployment with international military forces conducting peacekeeping operations in the Republic of Kosovo and Egypt, a veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan military campaigns, and advisor to combat units preparing to deploy at the U.S. Army's Joint Readiness Training Center. Inspired to share with others the benefits of preparedness by his own operational expertise and wartime experiences, he has committed to consolidating the most current and effective counterterrorism and civil preparedness techniques for use by the general public. Mr. Cox is a member of the International Association of Emergency Managers and a three-time recipient of the Bronze Star medal.
- Author(s)David C Cox
- Date of Publication24/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Introduction byJulius W Gates
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.